STEMTLnet Theme of the Month Interactive Webinar Panel: Race, Equity and Mathematics Education
Description: This panel discussion will address where we are and where we need to go in the mathematics education of African American K12 students. We will move beyond a discussion of the achievement gap and instead focus on how best to promote African American student success, curiosity and engagement in mathematics.
Participants should be prepared to explore:
- Instructional practices that impede and those that promote African American mathematics learners
- Mathematics Identity Development of African American students
- The racialized experiences of African American learners in mathematics
- Culture in the mathematics classroom
* If you plan to attend this webinar, please read the resource The Racialization of Mathematics Education prior to attendance.
Speaker Bios, More Details, and Link to Register: https://stemtlnet.org/theme/august2020-expertpanel