Join the PEER Physics 20-21 Cohort
Physics through Evidence, Empowerment through Reasoning (PEER Physics) offers a comprehensive suite that includes curricular resources, professional learning, and long-term partnerships that lead to teacher community, pedagogical growth, and student success.
What will partnering with PEER Physics entail?
PEER Physics teachers can flexibly transition between remote and in-person instruction while maintaining commitment to collaboration and science practices. By partnering, teachers, schools, and districts receive professional learning opportunities and curricular materials that promote inclusive physics instruction. Establishing long- term partnerships leads to teacher community, pedagogical growth, and student success.
Transforming Classrooms: Lab-based curricular resources
- Anchored in real phenomena, PEER Physics activities engage students in the process of inducing scientific principles from data as promoted by the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- With both eBooks and printed student guides, students can participate remotely, in person, and in hybrid learning environments.
- Comprehensive teacher’s guides support instructors with shifting authority from the teacher or text to scientific evidence and consensus.
- Online materials provide student and teacher resources that accompany each activity. These include comprehensive laboratory videos and simulations, making it possible for students to interpret evidence virtually and engage in laboratory activities remotely (when accompanied with the use of eBooks).
- Assessment resources include multi-dimensional performance assessments and rubrics, engineering design challenges, and assessment banks.
Engaging Teachers: Targeted professional learning
- Professional learning, whether virtual or in-person, is designed to assist teachers in understanding and implementing the NGSS through immersion experiences, collaboration with other teachers implementing PEER Physics, and exploration of the underlying pedagogical approach of PEER Physics.
- The PEER Physics community of teachers collaboratively investigates and reflects on the ways PEER Physics impacts their practice and students.
Responsive Partnerships: Teacher-centered networks
- Teachers are provided with space and structures to grapple with emergent problems of practice.
- PEER Physics collaborates with district administrators, support staff, and teachers to ensure that the unique circumstances of the district and schools are addressed.