Illinois Early Childhood Educator Policy Fellowship
Teach Plus trains teachers in understanding education policy as a lever for student success, community organizing, writing op-eds and speaking to the media, providing public testimony, and more. Teach Plus works to create and connect teachers to opportunities to lead in real ways at the policy level.
What is the Illinois Early Childhood Educator Policy Fellowship?
- A highly selective leadership opportunity for outstanding early childhood educators and providers looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that affect their children, families, and the profession.
- A diverse cohort of 20 educators who work with children anywhere from ages 0-8, are located all across the state, and who teach in a variety of settings: centers, schools, and at home.
- Fellows get to stay in their full-time jobs while expand their influence, starting in August 2019 and concluding in June 2020.
- Fellows participate in monthly virtual and in-person sessions where they receive professional training through expert-led modules and direct engagement with key stakeholders.
- No prior policy experience required.
- Fellows receive a $1,600 stipend for their commitment.