NEA Foundation Student Success Grant
Even during extraordinary times, educators remain dedicated to nurturing students’ knowledge and understanding of academic concepts and the world they live in, their communities, and the many opportunities they have to excel. Even in changing contexts, educators are inspiring and supporting students’ critical thinking, social and emotional learning, cultural understanding, and preparation for the future.
The NEA Foundation wants to support educators engaging students in project-based and deeper learning to support the development of skills and dispositions contributing to success and fulfillment in a changing world.
We invite applications from educators, specialized instructional support personnel, and education support professionals to:
• develop and implement a project that will enhance students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• develop and implement a project supporting personalized and experiential learning;
• support students’ mastery of essential academic content;
• support students’ cultural understanding and appreciation;
• promote students’ communication and collaboration skills; or
• enable students to engage in learning experiences connected to real-world issues and challenges.
Two levels of funding are available: $2,000 and $5,000. Grants fund activities for 12 months from the date of the award. Application Period: June 16-October 15, 2021
Applicants must be teachers, education support professionals, or specialized instructional support personnel, and must be current members of the National Education Association.