Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Program
Outstanding Earth Science Teacher (OEST) awards are given for "exceptional contributions to the stimulation of interest in the Earth Sciences at the pre-college level." Any teacher or other K-12 educator who covers a significant amount of earth science content with their students is eligible. Ten national finalists are selected, one from each NAGT regional section. Some sections also recognize state winners. Individuals may apply themselves or nominate a colleague for the award.
The Outstanding Earth Science Teacher Awards program was adopted by NAGT in 1971. Devised to honor pre-college teachers of earth science, the program has the following specific objectives:
- Identify excellence in teaching
- Appropriately recognize and reward excellence in teaching
- Stimulate higher levels of teaching performance
- Establish NAGT as a strong support organization for pre-college education, and
- Via active statewide and sectional programs, build a solid state, regional, and national liaison with administrators of pre-college earth science education.
Nominations end 3/31/21