Collection of Free Resources for Middle School
This list contains links to free online resources that we have compiled in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
This list contains links to free online resources. We will be continually adding to this list. If you have a resource that you would like to add, please email it to us at: contact@STEMTLnet.org
- STEM for All Multiplex provides 3-minute video presentations created by federally funded projects who have developed quality free STEM resources for teachers, students and parents. Links to the videos as well as to the free resources are provided. https://multiplex.videohall.com/blogs/6
- Learning Blade - free middle school activities and worksheets that focuses on STEM careers. http://www.learningblade.com/parents
- Design Squad Global empowers middle school kids to solve real-world problems and understand the impact of engineering in a global context. Refreshed weekly with challenges, videos, and activities. https://pbskids.org/designsquad/parentseducators/index.html
- SolveMe.edc.org has a collection of three, free, interactive, logic-building, mathematics puzzle apps based on the Transition to Algebra curriculum. Players can solve our trajectory of built-in puzzles or puzzles made by other users, create and share puzzles of their own, and collect trophies and achievements based on their progress. Each of the SolveMe apps have instructions available via the information icon (indicated with a question mark) and contain additional information for parents and teachers behind the information section's "About" tab. http://solveme.edc.org/
- New Jersey Center for teaching and learning provides free digital course materials to support students learning K-12 science, mathematics, and computer science. These include presentations, labs, tests, homework, and formative assessments. https://njctl.org/materials/categories/
- TeachEngineering is a digital library comprised of standards-aligned engineering curricula for K-12 educators to make applied science and math come alive through engineering design. https://www.teachengineering.org/
- Hour of Code provides a variety of fun, student-guided tutorials for all age groups and experience levels. Students do the activities on their own, though many activities include lesson plans for teachers (you'll see the link when you click the activity) to guide discussion or extend the activity. https://hourofcode.com/us/learn
- TechforLearners.org is a searchable online database of education technology tools that facilitate online classrooms and teaching, allowing educators to search for free and discounted tools and services by grade level, product type, and subject matter.
- Free Life Science Curriculum Modules for grades 3-12 The Learn.Genetics and Teach.Genetics websites contain a wealth of learning modules on a variety of life science topics for grades 3–12. They are easily accessible and free of charge. For each module you see on Learn.Genetics, be sure to check out the matching supplemental materials on Teach.Genetics, and vice versa.
Share your thoughts